photo h1_zpsac84397a.png  photo h2_zps4198f83b.png  photo h3_zpsfb878775.png  photo h4_zpsb401ec6b.png

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

baby news!

I am emerging from my month of quiet (here, not in life!) to share some wonderful news with you. You all have been so encouraging in our adoption journey that I couldn't keep this to myself!

We have a placement!

Friday we received a blanket email from our agency declaring a need for a forever family for a sweet, seven month old baby girl in foster care.  John and I prayed it over and felt a very strong YES to pursue her.  We waited through the weekend and did not hear a word.  By Sunday night we decided that she had probably already been placed, but that night she kept coming up in my dreams.  Monday morning I emailed again just to see how we could continue praying for her.  That night we received the call.  We already knew in our hearts that our answer was yes.

Yesterday was filled with paperwork, setting up appointments, locating a crib, and a generally distracted mind.  There is still much to be done (we have no baby items) and a very short amount of time to do it in.

Did I mention that if all goes well, she gets to come home next week?

Next week!!!

Nine months of nesting crammed into a week?  I'm game!




If you would, please pray that all goes smoothly between our agency and CPS.  Thank you!




5 comments:

Courtney said...

Tears of joy for you and your sweet family! I'm praying that all goes well and that she'll be at home in your arms very soon!

The Farmers Nest said...

I'm so excited! Send me an email of what you still need. I've got lots of friends getting rid of baby stuff right now.

Rosie_Kate said...

Oh, yay!! I'm so very excited for you! It's wonderful news, and also quite an adjustment, I'm sure. Hope it all goes well for you guys and I wish you much joy!

Anonymous said...

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Love you!

iquitwhenitscold said...

I will be praying!! We just got word of a maybe-baby also! Who knows, we may bring our precious ones home at the same time!