photo h1_zpsac84397a.png  photo h2_zps4198f83b.png  photo h3_zpsfb878775.png  photo h4_zpsb401ec6b.png

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

a place of quiet rest

eggs from our girls

Back in January when I was praying over what God would want my year to look like, a word kept coming to me- quiet.  How inconvenient, I would think, for God to call me to be quiet in the midst of moving into a new community where I needed to forge new relationships.  So I pressed on, sure that I had misheard.  And then I got sick.  In my quest for true healing, I have spent much time at home in quiet rest, leaning into His heart.  This morning while in prayer I asked God where I needed to be quiet right now, and this space was the first to come to mind.  So I'm taking a month (or more) of rest from this space.  Taking time to meditate on these thoughts:

God is beckoning you to a greater hiddenness, do not be afraid of the invitation.  Over the years you have allowed the voices that call you to action and great visibility to dominate your life.  You still think, even against your own best intuitions, that you need to do things and be seen in order to follow your vocation.  But you are now discovering that God's voice is saying, "Stay home, and trust that your life will be fruitful even when hidden...You have friends who know that your inner voice speaks the truth and affirm what it says.  They offer you a safe space where you can let that voice become clearer and louder".
Henri Nouwen as quoted by Liz Babbs in her book Into God's Presence


Come to Me all you who labour and are heavy-laden and overburdened, and I will cause you to rest.  I will ease and relieve and refresh your souls.
Matthew 11:28



My determined purpose is that I may know Him,
That I may progressively become more deeply and intimately acquainted with Him, perceiving and recognizing and understanding the wonders of His Person more strongly and more clearly.
Philippians 3:10 AMP








1 comment:

Rosie_Kate said...

I hope your reflection is fruitful and will look forward to hearing from you again. :-)