photo h1_zpsac84397a.png  photo h2_zps4198f83b.png  photo h3_zpsfb878775.png  photo h4_zpsb401ec6b.png

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

I did it

I started packing!  After repeatedly calling John yesterday complaining about how much I had to do, yet I had no boxes to put anything in, he came home with boxes and tape and markers.  And then my friend Brandi came over and picked up my kids so I could have time to pack.  And then later that night, my friend Robyn showed up with boxes (thank you sweet friends!). Drat!  Looks like I actually have to do this!  So I did!  And it feels good!

We have decided to make our last few days here all about our favorite things to do in this town.  Today?  Possibly a thrift store (my favorite) and then most definitely onto the ice cream factory for some fresh deliciousness (their favorite)!  We are still going to be living very close to this place, but I really wanted some fun things for us to do in the midst of all of the things we have to do.  Some time to fill love tanks while most of our time is spent side by side working away.  So this seems to fit well.


I am thankful that we had the foresight to take a little mini road trip last week!  We had so much fun just living in a pile on top of each other for the week.  Really, I treasured every minute of it!  We started at my brother and sister in law's place to finally (finally!) meet my sweet baby niece.  She is full of cuddles and smiles- I just love her!  We also got to go trick-or-treating with my nephew.  That was so much fun!


 Our destination after we left there was to a drive through safari.  We had so much fun!  The highlight of the day was when the ostrich stuck his head through our sunroof!  We were all squealing and ducking away from certain pecking.

before the pecking began- typing this my brain is screaming "run for your life!!!"




the zebras were crazy friendly!




Thinking about it makes me smile.  It was one of those perfect days when you are totally making your kid's dreams come true.

Off to pack up some books.
Who do I think I am with all of these books?!?!

3 comments:

Traci said...

You're so funny Mandi! And crazy, squeezing in road trips during packing..crazy woman! That third child will surely slow you down mama...in a delightful, messy way that you will love! So excited for the move for you all..sounds so great!

amanda {the habit of being} said...

i feel your pain. the thought of moving all the books in this house (both the ones on the shelves and the ones still in boxes from the last move) is enough to make me want to cry. hope the move goes smoothly!

Coby said...

did you feed any bears?