photo h1_zpsac84397a.png  photo h2_zps4198f83b.png  photo h3_zpsfb878775.png  photo h4_zpsb401ec6b.png

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

treasures

over christmas, my second cousin and her husband came down from north carolina to spend time with us. it was her first christmas without her mom, and our first without our aunt margie. aunt margie was my great-aunt, but felt more like a grandmother to me. she was a link to our family history and was eager to relay that history whenever asked.
my cousin brought a car load of little treasures from my aunt's home for us to choose from and i'm so grateful she did. i love having these little bits from aunt margie sprinkled throughout our home.


this carrying case belonged to my great-grandmother, nanny. her luggage tag is still attached.






2 comments:

Nicola said...

i love this kind of vintage. the kind that has history that belongs to YOU! sweet!
nicola
http://whichname.blogspot.com

Erin said...

Hi Mandi ~ This is very strange, but just a few days ago I was remembering a book I had when I was little. I recalled many of othe pictures, but couldn't recall the title/author. I've been wishing I could track it down for my boys. Lo and behold, I read your blog today and there's THE BOOK!!! I would be eternally grateful if you can tell me the title/author of the book with the little prince taming the fire-breathing dragon. Many thanks!!!