1. to love and grow closer to jesus
2. live at peace with each other
3. to love and serve each other and those outside of our home
4. read really good books
5. go outside and observe, touch, think, play
6. inspire a love for learning and create the opportunities for it
so far our 'homeschooling' time has looked a bit like this but the peace is lacking. buddy is screaming, moonpie is pouting...and my heart is hurting (as is my head!). i have found that what we are doing is not inspiring a love for learning in our home- and that's just not ok. because the bottom line is that my children are young. very young. and if they stop wanting to learn as 3 or 5 year olds, then i've done something really wrong.
so we're ditching the plan and going back to just doing life together. i am wired to live intentionally, so maybe, for now, this is the best plan for us. for me to be near finding small moments to share and discuss. lots of discussion, lots of books, all on a quilt under a tree. so happy together.
***thanks to study in brown (which i found through another helpful blog) for the inspiration to set priorities!