i typically roast a chicken on monday for dinner so i can have chicken throughout the week. that night i make stock from the bones.
- put the chicken carcass in a pot and cover (almost completely) in water
- throw in some turnips (a good way to use up your csa box!), a few cloves of garlic, half an onion, some celery (if you have it) and the number one ingredient- BAY LEAVES!!!
- bring to a boil and boil for a few minutes
- turn down to a simmer- simmer for a few hours (3-5, or even over night in a crock pot)
the onions and garlic have great healing power!
- chopped carrots
- bring these things to a boil and then turn down to a simmer (to cook carrots)
- add 2 cups cooked brown rice and leftover chicken from the roasted chicken
- squeeze in half a lemon (for healing)
- grate some fresh ginger (for healing)
- add a few more bay leaves and salt and pepper to taste
and that's about it. a pot full of healing goodness!!!