photo h1_zpsac84397a.png  photo h2_zps4198f83b.png  photo h3_zpsfb878775.png  photo h4_zpsb401ec6b.png

Monday, May 26, 2008

texas our texas...


we have a new family member- texas the irrisistable kitty! he is our micro-farm cat. we have high hopes for this future cat. namely, taking care of any snakes that might visit in search of eggs. whenever we start getting eggs...but that is a different post. texas is the best kitty i've ever had. he comes when you call him and allows the kids to give him lots of 'love'. we are attempting to feed him a raw food diet (www.pet-grub.com) with the notion that a healthy cat is a flea free cat. we'll see.

moonpie loves her new kitty and has been very responsible in making sure he is fed and watered and has had plenty of time on the slide and swing (with her). buddy, who is so tender by nature, just wants to hug him. the other day i overheard him saying 'wanna come outside wi' me?'. which was so cute coming out of his little not quite 2 years old mouth! i even caught john loving on the cat while reading the newspaper. we are most certainly all smitten kittens!

2 comments:

Steph said...

So cute!...although, I am not really a cat person - so now we're even for you not being a Jane Austen person...which I cannot really fathom, but hey, what do ya do? :) Actually Pride and Prejudice is still one of my favs, mostly because I love Elizabeth Bennett, but as I am becoming more familiar with different authors, I do have to say Austen may be bumped down a few notches.

Jane Eyre IS amazing! I have about 100 pages left and I can hardly breathe I am so anxious to finish it. We can chat about it when I'm done ;).

I'm so glad ya'll were at the party today. We had a great time hanging out with you guys!

Anyways, here you are...in the blogdom! Yea! Sorry for this long-winded comment!

5 Chicks and a Farmer said...

'Texas' is adorable! I know where you can find more adorable kitties if you decide you need more snake wranglers around there!