photo h1_zpsac84397a.png  photo h2_zps4198f83b.png  photo h3_zpsfb878775.png  photo h4_zpsb401ec6b.png

Thursday, May 5, 2011

feeling inspired

Last week I was feeling a bit uninspired in my crafting, in my menu planning, in my schooling, in my home keeping, all around - uninspired (except in the garden-where I spent most of my time!).  I felt like I was going through the motions just to get jobs done.  My desire is to be joyful in all that I do, and not begrudge the work set before me.  But it doesn't alway work out that way!  Well, just around the time that I started getting sick of myself, something wonderful happened...babies were born!  There is nothing like new life to get the creative juices flowing!

appliqued onesie and headband - for Mia

for Madison

for soon to arrive, Liam
I love newborns!  Their squishy little faces, their creamy skin, their feather soft hair.  I just want to breathe them in.  And then get to the sewing machine!

9 comments:

affectioknit said...

Sooo CUTE!

Coby said...

Awesome! Can you make me a tie onesie? It will make getting dressed for fancy occasions so much easier.

Anonymous said...

Those are SO cute! You've got some mad skills.

Courtney said...

Love it!! Just wondering, do you do your applique letters by hand or do you have a stencil? I've made the boys their birthday shirts and an initial shirt for Jacey but I've had to draw the numbers and letters by hand b/c I haven't found a good pattern to use in a font I like. Any thoughts? I'm new to all this sewing stuff so I'm learning as I go! Oh and I love the hair bows to go with the outfit!!

Anonymous said...

Those are adorable! I can totally relate to that desire to want to be joyful in all you do during the day, but sometimes just falling a bit flat. I'm glad you found your groove!

You're right about newborns bringing inspiration. Since Kaden was born, I've started more crafting projects than I know what to do with!!

Rosie_Kate said...

Adorable!

I know what you mean about joy, lack there of, and being sick of oneself... always a struggle...

Traci said...

super cute Mandi!

Aleesa said...

You are so creative and talented. I love it when you post a new creation. (I love, love, love the tie)

Nicola said...

cute!