photo h1_zpsac84397a.png  photo h2_zps4198f83b.png  photo h3_zpsfb878775.png  photo h4_zpsb401ec6b.png

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

beautiful moments



i love those first moments when you discover there is a rainbow in the sky. perfectly arched overhead. and you just stand there, transfixed by it's beauty and it's mystery. the fun part comes in trying to find all of it, but often times, part of it is hidden. maybe behind a big old barn, or a bill board. i think of this sometimes with my children. here i have before me these two beautiful rainbows. full of utter delight and mysterious possibility. sometimes, the beauty of who they are can get obstructed- maybe behind a cranky disposition, or a snide remark. but it is so important for me to remember, that they are still rainbows- full of beauty and light. and if i just walk around that 'big old barn' of a hard moment, i can see it all there- all of the glory that is wrapped up in their little selves.



7 comments:

Nicola said...

beautiful post, mandi. thank you for the reminder about my own rainbows. they have been more on the stormy side than the sunny side of the rainbow lately. good reminder about the sunshine. :)
nicola
http://whichname.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Aaw, so so true. It's so hard, but SO important to remember as a mother!

Amanda said...

They are so so beautiful, Mandi. :)

And yes, that's my bed, but I didn't make the quilt. I wish! No patience. ;)

Partieof6 said...

Great pictures! Cherish those rainbows thanks for the thoughts that you share.

5 Chicks and a Farmer said...

Beautiful words my friend. I love this. I needed this reminder as a mom to my rae rae:)

Aleesa said...

Cute pics! I saw this tutorial today and thought of you.
http://ihavetosay.typepad.com/photos/reusable_snack_bag_tutori/img_9196.html

mandi said...

oh! thanks for thinking of my aleesa! i love making those snack bags! i thought i made them up last christmas when i gave them to my brother- haha! what was i thinking???