photo h1_zpsac84397a.png  photo h2_zps4198f83b.png  photo h3_zpsfb878775.png  photo h4_zpsb401ec6b.png

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

2 whole years of loving buddy...


buddy turned 2 monday! my sweet boy...he is sunshine rolled up in the cuddliest blanket. he is funny and tender and wild and snuggly. it is my joy to be his momma. it doesn't feel like time has flown by with buddy, 2 years feels just about right because we spend all of our time together. i have been blessed to see every step, hear every wonderful word and see his brilliance unfold. every day has been full since he has come on the scene, and that's just the way i like it.

this picture is of buddy's birthday breakfast using his special plate. last year a friend and i got together to paint plates for each of our children that can be used for special times like birthdays, or anything- like being nice to a friend at the park! buddy's plate has a star perched on a hill. rolling across the hill are the words 'be light'. on the back of the plate i wrote the scripture 'you are the light of the world. a city on a hill cannot be hidden'. this is my daily prayer for buddy. that he can share the light that is in him with the world. as he gets older we can talk about this verse on his special day and what it means, what it looks like when you put action behind it. but for now i pray it over him as he sleeps- 'be light, be light'. and i already see such evidence of this in him. he is my smiling man, and it is contagious!
i'm big on creating and passing on existing heritage with our children. on each child's bday we have the breakfast of their choice and look at pictures of their birth. this is a relatively new tradition (since my kids are only 2 and 4!) but i love it and look forward to it. i hope that as they grow they will begin to anticipate birthday breakfast. there are no gifts, just a time to celebrate our love as a family for that person. to celebrate buddy this year we had almond biscuits. these are amazing and when served with strawberries and cream you have a dessert (which we did for dinner later that night)! you have to try them: oh drat- i leant out the cookbook. i'll have to post the recipe another day. trust me, you can't live without this recipe! : )


5 comments:

Kellybird said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BUDDY!

I can't believe he's already 2...

Steph said...

I love the plate idea! I feel like goin' out with some girl friends and paintin' some pottery right now!

And um...I'm assuming that I have the cookbook you mentioned. What recipe is it? I would be happy to write it out here in the comments, or I'll have it back to you tomorrow. I knew you would need it!!!

Happy Birthday Levi!

johannapule said...

I love that scripture! It is beautiful and completely describes him. He is such a bright light and makes the world a happier place. Tell him I love him and happy happy birthday (I know late, but he can't really talk on the phone yet). I love you guys, send me and Max some biscuits!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Buddy! Such a handsome little man! And what a lovely post mom. Beautiful tribute to your son.

anajz said...

Absolute cuties! :)
Happy Belated Birthday!